[Solved] siag

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
OU812

[Solved] siag

Post by OU812 »

Hello. I tried installing siag on arch linux. Installed nextaw and mowitz, but siag failed to install. Tried on salix using "slapt-src -install" with the same result. Not sure how to fix the problem. Visited the slackbuilds.org page, but not sure what to do. I'm guessing that the build scripts are looking for and failing to find the sources.

Any ideas? Thanks!

john
Last edited by OU812 on 6. Mar 2011, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan_Idaho

Re: siag

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

I don't know if there is any mind reader in the forum, but it could be useful if you could post the error messages you get :roll:
OU812

Post by OU812 »

Oops. Sorry about that. Here's the output:

Fetching README...Done
Fetching siag.SlackBuild...Done
Fetching siag.info ... Failed

Thanks!

john

P.S. My wireless just massively slowed down. When I tried again, it failed at Fetching siag.SlackBuild
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

Seems to work here using slapt-src --install siag, although the build did fail because neXtaw wasn't installed. Did you do a slapt-src --update first?
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
OU812

Post by OU812 »

Yes, I installed mowitz and nextaw. Turns out the slow internet connection was the problem. Not sure what's causing it, but I have an idea. (It may be the distro I'm running on my wired desktop; it's caused problems before especially with my wife's MacBook.) Sorry about the false alarm.

john