(Solved) Caja in SalixOS 14.0 64bit - Xfce

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
loukingjr

(Solved) Caja in SalixOS 14.0 64bit - Xfce

Post by loukingjr »

I installed Caja from the Mate repos just because I like it and some cosmetic reasons. My issue is, when I launch it using caja --no-desktop it opens 6 copies of itself. Any one know why or how to fix it?

thanks
Last edited by loukingjr on 7. Jul 2013, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
sqlpython
Donor

Re: Caja in SalixOS 14.0 64bit - Xfce

Post by sqlpython »

Adding --sync to caja.desktop could solve this problem
Or
-n
as in

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Desktop
Exec=caja -n
Icon=user-desktop
Terminal=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=false
NoDisplay=true
OnlyShowIn=MATE;
X-MATE-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=MATE
X-MATE-Bugzilla-Product=caja
X-MATE-Bugzilla-Component=general
X-MATE-Bugzilla-Version=1.5.2
X-MATE-Autostart-Phase=Desktop
X-MATE-Autostart-Notify=true
X-MATE-AutoRestart=true
X-MATE-Provides=filemanager
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

thanks. the problem seems to be that when Caja is installed it creates more than one .desktop file and although I had the one with --no-desktop visible it seems SalixOS/Slackware was also seeing the others and going into a loop. I deleted all but one .desktop file and now it's fine.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
witek

Post by witek »

loukingjr wrote:thanks. the problem seems to be that when Caja is installed it creates more than one .desktop file and although I had the one with --no-desktop visible it seems SalixOS/Slackware was also seeing the others and going into a loop. I deleted all but one .desktop file and now it's fine.
Where are those files? I experience the problem with multiple caja instances but cannot find those files.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

witek wrote:
loukingjr wrote:thanks. the problem seems to be that when Caja is installed it creates more than one .desktop file and although I had the one with --no-desktop visible it seems SalixOS/Slackware was also seeing the others and going into a loop. I deleted all but one .desktop file and now it's fine.
Where are those files? I experience the problem with multiple caja instances but cannot find those files.
they are in /user/share/applications. they are named "File Manager" but, so is Thunar so you have to check which are which.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
witek

Post by witek »

loukingjr wrote:they are in /user/share/applications. they are named "File Manager" but, so is Thunar so you have to check which are which.
You mean /usr/share/applications? Could you please give me the exact path to such a file with its filename? I cannot locate where you described.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

witek wrote:
loukingjr wrote:they are in /user/share/applications. they are named "File Manager" but, so is Thunar so you have to check which are which.
You mean /usr/share/applications? Could you please give me the exact path to such a file with its filename? I cannot locate where you described.
sorry yes, /usr/share/applications as I said the file names are "File Manager" and there will be a few. You need to open each one with an editor to see which are for Caja and which are for Thunar. Look for the copy that has the line that starts Exec=caja --no-desktop and comment out the line that says OnlyShowInMate. You can delete the other File Manager .desktop files that are for Caja.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
witek

Post by witek »

Strange, as I don`t have this files.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

witek wrote:Strange, as I don`t have this files.
you did say you have Caja installed yes? In the XFCE version of Salix?
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
witek

Re: (Solved) Caja in SalixOS 14.0 64bit - Xfce

Post by witek »

Yes, in xfce version. I have also Mate installed but I use Xfce and caja instead of thunar.